Be seen and stay safe while out running in any light with the help of a Hi-Viz running jacket. A good quality jacket will feature high-visibility material and lots of reflective accents and detailing that will reflect light from cars, bicycles, and street lighting. Perfect for running during the winter and at night and ensuring cars and passers-by can see you coming even when you’re at top speed. In this guide, we’ll take a look at some of the best women’s hi-viz running jackets. We’ll include options to suit all budgets, yet most will be in the affordable price range. With a Hi-Viz jacket, there’s no need to break the bank.
Table of Contents: Hi-Viz Running Jackets
Hi-Viz Running Jackets For Women
Below you can find our pick for the best women’s hi-viz running jackets to suit all budgets. We’ve used our own experience and aggregated user reviews to come up with our picks. Some of the more affordable jackets are ideal for the casual runner, because there is no need to break the bank.
BALEAF Running Jacket - Neon Green
Karrimor Long Sleeve Running Jacket
Proviz Women's REFLECT360 Hi-Viz Reflective Running Jacket
Mountain Warehouse Adrenaline Jacket
Proviz Women's Windproof Running Jacket
Why You Need A Women's Hi-Viz Running Jacket
Safety is the most obvious answer to this; they allow you to defy the darkness and stay visible in low-light conditions. Just because you can see a car while out running, it doesn’t mean they see you. Don’t take any chances on the shorter days – Hi-Viz running jackets can help you see and be seen, allowing you to run safely for longer. High-visibility running gear can be a life-saver. Remember, it’s not only dark conditions that can be dangerous. Low light at dawn and dusk can also bring dangers that all runners need to be aware of, especially when commuter traffic is at it’s peak. For additional safety at night, you could also consider attaching a safety light to your jacket or running belt – I would recommend this set.
Running jackets also off some other benefits too. A running jacket is an easy and effective way to stay warm in the winter months is to use a running jacket. If you are going to wear a running jacket anyway, you might as well go for one, which will also help keep you safe. Running jackets are designed to be lightweight and packable. Most running jackets will feature ventilation to keep you comfortable as you run, whilst reflective stripes keep you visible to cars as they pass you.
If you’re looking for other gear that can help to keep you safe, take a look at our guide to Hi-Viz Running Vest and Personal Safety Alarms For Runners. Thank you for taking the time to read our guide to the best women’s hi-viz running jackets, if you enjoyed our article, please help us out my sharing on your social media channels.
Top Tips For Runner Safety
Below are some top tips that runners can use to stay safe whilst running:
- Wear high visibility clothing so other road users and pedestrians can see you.
- In poor visibility or at night time, consider wearing a head torch. Even a budget head torch will help you see and be seen – checkout this best seller. Or take a look at our guide to the best Petzl head torches for ultra running if you need something more robust and high-end.
- Let someone know where you plan to go and how long you expect to be out.
- If you need music while you run, consider buying a set of Bone conduction technology headphones that allow you to hear still what’s going on around you.
- If running on the road, run against the traffic so you can see vehicles approaching up ahead.
- Carry your ID and your emergency contact number.
- If you are running in urban areas late at night, consider wearing a wrist safety alarm to attract attention if you feel unsafe at any point.
Disclaimer: This guide contains affiliate links, and I earn a small commission from any sale that occurs via my links. This, however, does not change my opinion; I always do my best to provide the facts and suggest products that will benefit my users. You pay no more and no less for using these links. It does, however, help to sustain my blog.