Interlocking foam mats are an essential addition to any home gym setup. They provide a comfortable and supportive exercise surface, protect your floors from damage, and help reduce noise. This comprehensive guide explores the benefits of using foam mats for fitness, how to install them, the types of mats available, and the best brands. We’ll also discuss maintenance and cleaning tips to keep your mats in tip top condition.
Table of Contents: Home Gym Foam Mats Guide
Best Interlocking Foam Mats
This section showcases our top picks for interlocking Foam mats for your home gym. We use the term foam as a catch-all phrase to include EVA, PVC and Rubber Foam mats:
- EVA Foam Mats: Ethylene-vinyl acetate (EVA) foam is lightweight, durable, and provides excellent shock absorption. These mats are ideal for general workouts and are available in various thicknesses.
- PVC Foam Mats: Polyvinyl chloride (PVC) foam mats are denser and more rigid than EVA mats, making them suitable for weightlifting and heavy gym equipment.
- Rubber Foam Mats: They offer superior durability and slip resistance, ideal for high-impact exercises and home gym equipment like treadmills.
ComFy EVA Interlocking Foam Mats
ComFy EVA Interlocking Foam Mats are an excellent choice for fitness enthusiasts seeking a comfortable and supportive workout surface. Made from high-quality ethylene-vinyl acetate (EVA) foam, these mats provide superior shock absorption, making them suitable for various exercises, including yoga, Pilates, weightlifting, and cardio workouts. The lightweight and durable design ensures long-lasting performance. At the same time, the interlocking system allows for easy installation and customisation to fit any space.
These mats offer multiple thickness options, catering to different workout needs and preferences. The textured surface ensures a non-slip grip, enhancing safety and stability during sweaty workouts. ComFy EVA mats also help protect your floors from damage caused by heavy gym equipment and reduce noise levels during exercise sessions.
Yes4All EWUN Interlocking Floor Mats
Yes4All EWUN Interlocking Floor Mats are a versatile and practical choice for those looking to enhance their workout space with a durable and comfortable surface. These mats are made from high-density EVA foam, perfect for heavy gym equipment like exercise bikes, treadmills and rowing machines. You can also use them for a free weight or kettlebell area to protect the floor from impacts.
You can customise your home gym to suit your style, available in different colours, including blue, black, grey and even wood effect options. Very popular amongst Amazon reviewers, with plenty of positive feedback. The interlocking mats also feature a border that can be left on, allowing you to butt the tiles up against the wall.
SG Traders EVA Interlocking Gym Flooring
These foam exercise mats, called puzzle EVA floor tiles, offer numerous advantages if you have a gym in the house or garage. Crafted from soft EVA foam, these interlocking gym mats are perfect for various workouts, such as yoga and gym exercises. Their puzzle design facilitates effortless assembly, allowing them to cover large areas or be customised for smaller spaces.
No matter your fitness level or activity, these mats come in various thicknesses and sizes to meet your needs. They suit yoga, cardio exercises, weightlifting, and much more. Furthermore, the superior-quality EVA foam provides exceptional cushioning and shock absorption, decreasing the possibility of injuries during high-impact workouts.
BeMaxx Interlocking Foam Floor Mats
Looking for exceptional floor protection? Look no further than BeMaxx Interlocking Foam Floor Mats. These mats have quickly become one of the best and safest protective mat sets on the market. They are designed to shield your floors from scratches, dents, sweat, and noise, making them an ideal choice for fitness and gymnastic studios, sports equipment, playrooms, workspaces, garages, basements and pools. Also comes with three colours to match your interior or exterior design.
Made from lightweight premium material that is sound and shock-absorbent, waterproof, and heat-insulating, BeMaxx mats are constructed using highly compressed EVA foam, making them extra light yet robust. However, it’s important to note that EVA mats may leave traces in parquet joints. Invest in BeMaxx Interlocking Soft Foam Floor Mats today for fantastic floor protection.
Benefits of Using Foam Mats for Home Gyms
- Comfort and Support: Foam mats provide a soft, cushioned surface for workouts, reducing the impact on joints and muscles during high-impact exercises like jumping, running, plyometrics and stretching using slant boards for exercising.
- Floor Protection: Heavy gym equipment can damage wooden or tiled floors. Interlocking foam mats act as a protective barrier, preventing scratches and dents on your floor. Other far better protection from heavy equipment compared to one-piece gym mats.
- Noise Reduction: Foam mats absorb sound, reducing noise levels during workouts and making it more enjoyable for you and those around you.
- Versatility: Interlocking foam mats can be used for various exercises, from yoga and Pilates to weightlifting and cardio workouts. It can be removed easily and reused in another room.
- Easy Installation: These mats are easy to install and can be customised to fit any space, large or small. You can cover a small gym area in the house in about 10 minutes.
How to Install Interlocking Foam Mats
- Measure Your Space: Determine the dimensions of the area you want to cover with foam mats. This will help you calculate the number of tiles required.
- Choose Your Mats: Select the appropriate type, thickness, and colour of interlocking foam mats based on your preferences and workout needs.
- Prepare the Area: Clean the floor thoroughly and ensure its level before installing the mats.
- Begin Installation: Start from one corner of the room and work outwards. Line up the edges of each mat and press them together, ensuring they interlock securely.
- Trim Excess: If any mats extend beyond the borders of your space, use a utility knife to trim the excess material for a perfect fit.
- Inspect Your Work: Walk around the area to ensure all mats are securely locked together and lie flat on the floor.
Maintenance and Cleaning of Interlocking Gym Mats
- Regular Cleaning: Sweep or vacuum the mats regularly to remove dirt, dust, and debris.
- Deep Cleaning: Use mild soap and water to clean the mats as needed. Avoid harsh chemicals and abrasive scrubbers that can damage the foam.
- Drying: Allow the mats to air dry entirely before reassembling them to prevent mould and mildew growth.
- Inspect for Damage: Check your mats regularly for signs of wear or damage, such as tears or loss of shock absorption. Replace damaged mats as needed.
To sum up, incorporating interlocking foam mats into your home workout area is crucial for several reasons. These mats offer outstanding comfort, stability, and safeguarding for your body and floors. With many options available in various sizes, selecting the ideal set to match your specific needs is a breeze. Investing in high-quality mats today guarantees improved workouts and long-lasting durability for years. Moreover, following our expert advice and adhering to best practices will help to ensure your mat remains in top condition with minimal upkeep required.
Disclaimer: This guide contains affiliate links, and I earn a small commission from any sale that occurs via my links. This, however, does not change my opinion; I always do my best to provide the facts and suggest products that will benefit my users. You pay no more and no less for using these links. It does, however, help to sustain my blog.